Day of the Triffids



They stand like Titans, looming over all in their domain who dare to venture near. Some of them tower a full nine feet high and if one is foolish enough to get too close they will find themselves doomed as their vast powers become apparent much too late for redemption. I found them at my local Kroger, a product of an entity called The American Seed Company. On the front of the packet of seeds it said "Russian Mammoth". I thought at first I would be cultivating a small herd of mastodons. I had no idea what powers would be unleashed when I opened the packet and planted it's evil contents.



The directions plainly said to plant the individual seeds one inch deep and water regularly. In five days I spotted sprouts, after two weeks I had substantial striplings and after a month I knew I had problems. They have a mind of their own now and nothing I can do seems to affect their ultimate destiny. This was a test batch but next year my property will be infested with them as they emerge out of every nook and cranny. All will bow in their wake, all will kneel before me...just as soon as I learn to control them.

Comments

Popular Posts