A Death in the Family



There are no words to describe the pain of losing a son or daughter. It's unnatural. The kids are the ones to live long and happy lives. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children, quite the opposite. But somehow my cousin Joe has lost his darling daughter who was all of twenty-one years of age. Her name is Allyson and she's beautiful, happy and full of life. Or was. She is gone now. Usually I have no trouble with finding the right words but right now I'm just flummoxed. I'm so sorry Joe. That's all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sometimes there are no words because the situation calls for deeds. I would want to plant a tree in her name, a big, long-lived tree like a walnut or cherry. That way it could keep doing good in the world long after we're gone. Making life better for people, birds and squirrels. Creating food, shade and ease for thousands of little lives.
Jonelle Kearney said…
Thank you, Thom, and also for everyone's hearts. I'm sure Joe will read this. This is from Allyson's aunt, Joe's sister & via cousin Thom, your invisible friend.

Popular Posts