Late Night Thoughts While Listening To Brahms




The 1st Symphony, 2nd Movement that is. Mostly questions. Will my run of good luck both professionally and personally continue? Will my dog live to see another spring? Does the light really turn itself off after I shut the fridge? Will I be forced to choose between the best job I ever had and something else much riskier yet far more satisfying? Can I overcome my tendency to choke under pressure? Will I ever make love to a woman again? Will I smell her hair and be touched that way again in this millenium? How long has it been? The start of the Iraq War? It seems like forever. What do dogs do on their day off? How do sand dollars form? How do you make amends to someone after they've died? How do you tell them that you could have done better? That you could have loved them more? How do you stay gracious when all you want to do is smack the crap out of someone? If anyone has credible answers to any of these questions please feel free to enlighten me. Brahms isn't helping much.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Does the light turn itself off? Isn't that like pondering the sound of one hand clapping?

I go for risk rather than secure great jobs. Don't recommend my way
The Fool said…
My dear Pia! I think this requires a tome not unlike "The Tao Of Fridge." I just might tackle such an undertaking. As to my dilemma...I'm leaning towards the riskier.

Popular Posts