I'm a traitor




This may come as a shock to those who know me as an ardent aficionado of Jaguar motorcars but long ago I was just as taken by Alfa Romeos. I once owned a 1968 Alfa Coupe which accompanied me through some of the happiest years of my life. You just can't understand the euphoria that an Alfa, a Pioneer car stereo and The Electric Light Orchestra can bring to a young man's life. I wrote about that Alfa here long ago or at least a fragment of a dream. I wondered back then when Alfa Romeos would ever see U.S. shores again and today I found out. I read here today in The New York Times that Alfa Romeo will now be selling new cars here in the U.S. very soon. This is great news but I have to say that I like the old models better. These new ones don't make my blood race like the Alfas of yore... but what does these days?

Comments

Popular Posts