Big Sur



On PBS this evening there was a program that sort of defies description. I guess one could call it a kind of travelogue where music is scored around beautiful aerial shots of the United States. It was called Tim Janis: Coastal America. I'd seen this program before but not like tonight's broadcast in high definition. The episode devoted to Big Sur was magnificent and inspiring. Fifteen year old memories of road trips through Big Sur come flooding back and I realize how much I miss California. Don't get me wrong, Columbus has been very good to me but I still feel alien here, this is not my ancestral home. But then, neither is California so go figure. You can never go home but sometimes I do wonder.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds like someone's enjoying the gift of HDTV...

It is glorious.
ShadowDancing said…
I am in the South and miss the wilds of the north...Seeing the cliffs spill into the sea, the rocks jutting out of the surf, ancient redwoods blocking out the sky. I am in SoCal, I might as well be on the moon..Can you go home? My heart certainly hopes so.

Popular Posts