Time doesn't relent



Six years ago today you walked out the door and didn't come home. I had to go to Monterey to fetch your car the next day. You passed away in a spirit of joy but I never got to say goodbye. My only solace is that you were smiling, beaming at me as you drove away. So much has happened since you left but one thing always crosses my mind when I watch TV...you'd have loved watching golf on HDTV. Sometimes I pretend you're there with me as I watch Tiger heading up to the 18th green. I know how much you would have marvelled at that so I continue having imaginary conversations with you. Just don't touch my Cheetos. I miss you Pop.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I miss him, too, Thom. Thanks for having that picture there. I still picture themin the living room on Flint Rd. I was a lucky kid to have them close for so much of my life. Thanks for keeping them alive for me too.

Whitney
The Fool said…
We were all lucky. I'm glad you remember them with such fondness. They were always so proud of you. And keeping them alive is my one-trick-pony and it's an endeavor that is a pleasure for me. July is a rough month. First it's Jackson, then Pop, but this blog really does get better after that. Really!
Anonymous said…
time flies... but it's weird, the pain never quite goes away.

I wish I could express my feelings and memories as well as you do.

Popular Posts